Re: Disappearing packages from wip : what is the policy

On Tue, 17 Sept 2024 at 14:42, Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

> One example of a wip package that has been deleted is freecad,
>
> This seems to have been done as part of a bulk cleanup:
>
>     "remove packages with outdated distinfo files"
>
> The freecad package has sources on github so could have been updated
> to pass the distinfo check, it also has a listed maintainer.

FWIW I restored it locally. It tries to use wip/soqt, which, for some
reason, does not come at all. Not that it matters a lot, as freecad is
at version 0.16, right now it is at ~0.21.2, which is being tagged as
v.1RC1. If you take the .include line for soqt out, 'make fetch' and
'make describe'  work, though...

--
----