Re: pkgin wants to install all the things

* On 2024-05-09 at 15:43 BST, Benny Siegert wrote:

* On 2024-05-09 at 10:40 BST, Benny Siegert wrote:

# pkgin show-full-deps pkgin
full dependency tree for pkgin-23.8.1nb3
    p5-File-BaseDir>=0.03
    p5-MIME-Charset>=1.006.2
    php56-pear-[0-9]*
    php>=5.6.40nb9<5.7
    php81-ldap>=5.2.12
    php81-pear-[0-9]*

Is that after a "pkgin up"?  If so please make a backup of /var/db/pkgin/pkgin.db, then try a "pkgin -f up", and send me the db.

It turns out the last "pkgin up" was before the pkgin upgrade. I had done one more after upgrading but it did nothing, since the index file on netbsd.org hadn't changed. Running "pkgin -f up" did the trick, and now the upgrade is down to 68 packages, which is correct.

Hmm, there's still a bug there as pkgin should have detected that the database schema was out of date and performed an update itself, regardless of whether the pkg_summary had changed or not.

I'll need to see if I can reproduce that and add a test case.

--
Jonathan Perkin            www.perkin.org.uk
github.com/jperkin   federate.me.uk/@jperkin