Re: Not possible to watch TV

On Thursday, May 9th, 2024 at 5:14 AM, Ryo ONODERA <ryo%tetera.org@localhost> wrote:

> On May 9, 2024 5:57:25 AM GMT+09:00, pin voidpin%protonmail.com@localhost wrote:
>
> > Updated firefox from 125.0.1 to 125.0.3 and can't watch TV anymore.
> >
> > https://imgur.com/u0EeMad
> >
> > Which codecs are required?
> > Looking to revert back to 125.0.1

> Hi,

Hi, thank you for your reply.
Sorry everyone for posting this also into pkgsrc-changes by misstake.

> I think that you can get additional information on the codec error when F12 key is pushed.

Thanks! It says:
The video on this page can’t be played. Your system may not have the required video codecs for:
audio/mp4;codecs="mp4a.40.2",
audio/mp4;codecs="mp4a.40.5",
audio/mp4;codecs="mp4a.40.29",
audio/mp4;codecs="mp4a.40.2",
audio/mp4;codecs="mp4a.40.5",
audio/mp4;codecs="mp4a.40.29"

> And can you play the other video streaming services, for example YouTube?

Yes, I usually don't use YouTube but, just tested.
Initially, it gives the same warning but, unlike the TV channel, it plays the video.

Should add that the very same TV channel used to work without issues before.

Any suggestions on what package to install to eventually fix this?

Regards,
Pedro