Re: Bikeshedding a name for pkgsrc's unbranded Firefox

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

>     - your rules do not differentiate between system integration
>       changes, changes of default behaviour, and changes needed to
>       support other systems not properly integrated by the mozilla
>       foundation

<individual_hat>

pkgsrc should and does patch out phone-home and other bad behavior.
Mozilla is far from righteous - as an example, official firefox has DRM.

I don't want us to end up not wanting to fix such bugs in order to move
outside a trademark license.

</>

Therefore, I think we should call it

  TrademarkFox

and the mail client

  TrademarkBird

and so on for anything else from Mozilla.