Re: Bikeshedding a name for pkgsrc's unbranded Firefox

On Sun, Apr 21, 2024 at 09:23:25AM +0000, nia wrote:
> Heya folks,
>
> Recently a few reviews have noted being very confused by our version
> of Firefox being called Nightly (even the extended support versions!)
>
> Changing this is really quite trivial, I have a few proposals you
> can vote on here:

I don't like any of these options.

Also, we should consider Thunderbird at the same time.

Considering the pkgsrc logo is a box or package we might want to look in
that direction too.

Also, I think we should just leave it as-is and point anyone who
complains at Mozilla's lawyers.  I'll go as far as to say we shouldn't
even distribute binary packages for these at all to encourage complaints
towards Mozilla.