Re: Updating lang/LuaJIT2

On 04/03, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Good points, but if upstream is using 2.0.X where X is unix timestamp,
> there is a very strong presumption to just use their numbers, whether or
> not they are aesthetically pleasing.  IMHO us departing from
> upstream causes confusion.

Oops, I misread that then!  Sorry, I thought Malte was proposing "2.0.X
where X is unix timestamp" as the new versioning scheme since upstream
had stopped making releases.  If upstream is still making releases or
tagging or whatever, then yes, I agree with you, Greg, that it would be
better to match upstream's versioning scheme.

Lewis