Re: make xPDF

Most likely there is a stale build of poppler hanging around. Clean it
first; seeing that it is a dependency of xpdf, I would have installed
it first.

In case you want to post to the list a log of the build errors, do
somethng like:

make 2>&1 | tee /tmp/package-error.log

then examine /tmp/package-error.log, get rid of the obviously
successful initial bits and leave the part causing the problem -
sometimes these log files can be too long to expect them to be
examined by the people who maintain the packages.

FWIW, xpdf builds straight from the bat for me. There are a lot of
"... warning: ISO C++ forbids converting a...[-Wwrite-strings]" type
of errors, so to silence it one might wish to adjust the CFLAGS.

I'd be wary, though -

pkg_admin audit-history  xpdf | wc -l
109

Chavdar