Re: Packages with embedded destdir (was: Re: ufoai fix)

* On 2023-12-18 at 23:03 GMT, Roland Illig wrote:

* On 2023-12-18 at 22:36 GMT, Roland Illig wrote:

It appeared strange to me that leftover references to the temporary
DESTDIR directory are not automatically detected by pkgsrc. I'll add the
necessary changes to the pkgsrc infrastructure after the next stable
pkgsrc branch, which will be in about 2 weeks.

We do support this, e.g. CHECK_WRKREF+= work (though we don't have a
specific value for DESTDIR), however it's usually unsuitable for general
use as there are far too many false positives in things like build
information files or bug reporting tools, etc.

Yep, I know from experience that there are many false positives for
CHECK_WRKREF=work, but I wonder whether that also applies to DESTDIR. I
thought about adding another item 'destdir' to CHECK_WRKREF, analogous
to the existing ones.

I'm happy to do a bulk build with CHECK_WRKREF_EXTRA_DIRS set to DESTDIR, as I already use "extra" for some additional bits, just in case there are fewer false positives than expected.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com