Re: ufoai fix

Am 18.12.2023 um 12:56 schrieb Dan-Simon Myrland:
> Hi,
> I've just compiled games/ufoai on NetBSD 10 RC1 and I noticed that the
> launch script in /usr/pkg/bin/ufo has a bug, it says:
>
> cd /usr/pkgsrc/games/ufoai/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/share/ufoai; ./ufo $*;
> exit $?
>
> when it's supposed to be:
>
> cd /usr/pkg/share/ufoai; ./ufo $*; exit $?
>
> I looked at the Makefile, but I couldn't figgure out where the bug
> lies. Perhaps you will have better luck :)

Hi Dan-Simon,

Thanks for your report. I could easily reproduce the problem, and I
fixed it in version 2.2.1nb41, a few minutes ago.

When you run 'make extract' in games/ufoai, you will find a file
work/ufoai-2.2.1/Makefile.in that generates the scripts on-the-fly while
installing them. The easiest fix was to simply remove the DESTDIR from
the installed scripts using a SUBST_CLASSES block in the package Makefile.

It appeared strange to me that leftover references to the temporary
DESTDIR directory are not automatically detected by pkgsrc. I'll add the
necessary changes to the pkgsrc infrastructure after the next stable
pkgsrc branch, which will be in about 2 weeks.

Roland