Re: Committer Request for wip/qemacs

Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

> 3) The CONFIGURE_ARGS settings have defaults as well, e.g. running
> "./configure" shows --disable-x11 as an option, implying that it is
> enabled by default, so you probably don't need --enable-x11 in
> options.mk (verify this by checking config.log).  It's not hurting
> anything, but I generally aim to eliminate anything unnecessary.  With
> ~20k packages to maintain, the less cruft we have to step around the better.

Interestingly enough, if I attempt to build the package with the x11
option enabled but without explicitly have the --enable-x11 flag it
fails to automatically detect X11 - even though the x11 lib is
included. It may be something wrong with my recipe. That being said, I
can effectively remove the disable options in the else because they do
not cause x11 stuff to be detected.

Kev