Re: Committer Request for wip/qemacs

Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> writes:

> 3) The CONFIGURE_ARGS settings have defaults as well, e.g. running
> "./configure" shows --disable-x11 as an option, implying that it is
> enabled by default, so you probably don't need --enable-x11 in
> options.mk (verify this by checking config.log).  It's not hurting
> anything, but I generally aim to eliminate anything unnecessary.  With
> ~20k packages to maintain, the less cruft we have to step around the better.

I lean differently, to more explicit, but this is an area where people
differ.

If x11 is enabled by default, then I think it's best for the non-enabled
branch of the x11 option if statement to --disable-x11 explicitly.   We
have had a number of issues in pkgsrc where an upstream configure script
found something that had not been explicitly pulled in.