Re: Committer Request for wip/qemacs

On 11/16/23 15:06, Kevin Bloom wrote:
Hi all,

I believe that wip/qemacs is ready to be reviewed and hopefully
committed. This is my first attempt at creating a recipe for a
package that uses the `options.mk` file so please let me know if
there are any mistakes or issues.

Regards,

Kev

This looks pretty clean, nice work.  A few suggestions:

1) DESCR looks a little messy.  Maybe tidy up the formatting?

2) You can remove USE_LANGUAGES=c, since it's the default.  See
mk/compiler.mk:

# USE_LANGUAGES
#       Declares the languages that should be made available via
#       pkgsrc's compiler wrappers.
#
#       If the package assumes the compiler defaults to a specific
#       language version, the USE_LANGUAGES variable can also be used
#       to force the inclusion of flags such as -std=c++11. In this case,
#       USE_CC_FEATURES/USE_CXX_FEATURES should also be set.
#
#       Valid values are: c, c99, gnu99, c11, gnu11, c17, gnu17, c++, c++03,
#       gnu++03, c++0x, gnu++0x, c++11, gnu++11, c++14, gnu++14, c++17,
#       gnu++17, c++20, gnu++20, fortran, fortran77, java, objc,
obj-c++, ada.
#
#       The default is "c".

3) The CONFIGURE_ARGS settings have defaults as well, e.g. running
"./configure" shows --disable-x11 as an option, implying that it is
enabled by default, so you probably don't need --enable-x11 in
options.mk (verify this by checking config.log).  It's not hurting
anything, but I generally aim to eliminate anything unnecessary.  With
~20k packages to maintain, the less cruft we have to step around the better.

Best,