Re: gcc12 incompatible with ctfconvert?

On Wed, Oct 04, 2023 at 10:03:45AM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> Well, the pkgsrc default is to strip binaries, so I'm not sure it could be
> broken much more ;-)

True, but with documented steps to avoid the striping.

> But no, CTF is opt-in, so this would simply give users a choice to enable it
> and try it out.  I'm guessing the CTF tools in NetBSD haven't been updated
> in a while if you're seeing crashes etc?

Opt-in sounds good. I don't know about the CTF tools in NetBSD, guess
things have improved as there is no fallout in the auto builds
nowadays. Locally I have disabled it (speeds up the build significantly
and I wouldn't make use of the data anyway).

> The CTF stuff on illumos works fantastically.  I get debuggable binaries
> without the bloat of DWARF, so I can enable it by default in my binary
> package sets.

Sounds good, is that with gdb or native tools?

Martin