Patching rust using packages in pkgsrc (.cargo-checksum.json)

I have a small patch to firefox91 and firefox110 (don't ask on the latter) to fix their included copy of mp4parse to work with newer rust. I found I needed to patch their .cargo-checksum.json in order to avoid rust erroring out in the build.

Is this the usual way in pkgsrc, or is there an easy way to tell rust 'just go ahead and skip directory checksums? I ask as the one line patch is 68K long due to the very long line lengths :)

Thanks

David