Re: trouble compiling harfbuzz: env does not find meson

xolodho <xolodho%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I'm having trouble to get the `harfbuzz` package to compile in pkgsrc
> (as non-root user), it fails when attempting to run meson, more
> precisely `env` fails to find `meson` even though the binary is at
> `/usr/pkg/bin/meson` (from package `meson-0.60.1`). Actually if I run
> `env meson` in the shell it prints `env: meson: No such file or
> directory`, and basically that's the error I get when running `make` on
> `/usr/pkgsrc/fonts/harfbuzz`. `/usr/pkg/bin` is listed in the PATH
> variable of the user's shell, and meson can be found and run normally
> when invoked by name.

Run as root

  pkg_admin check		# I am curious about the meson binary
  pkg_admin rebuild-tree	# probably not relevant

Then look at /usr/pkg/bin/meson, with ls -l and more.  Mine is 755, and
the first line is

#!/usr/pkg/bin/python3.10

Also, make sure that you are using a consistent checkout of pkgsrc, and
if you are mixing source with binary from pkgin, that your source is the
same branch.

But I bet you have somehow removed python and the interpreter #! is
dangling and hence not executable.