Re: topological sorting

Le Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 09:30:04PM +0200, Thomas Klausner a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 09:21:25PM +0200, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> > OK, thanks for the tip. It seems that pbulk is indeed what I'm looking
> > for: trying to build without rendering present working (if not up to
> > date) installation.
>
> Make sure you use it in a sandbox. E.g. pkgtools/mksandbox provides a
> suitable one.
>
> pkgsrc/doc/HOWTO-pbulk is one of the too many instructions on how to
> set this up.
>
> > I found (I didn't know about it) that:
> >
> > $ pkg_info -r "tex-texlive*"
> >
> > will give me, recursively, the packages depending on this.
> >
> > In this case I found that texlive has been pulled in by an indirect
> > dependency on gl2ps, needed by vtk, needed by pcl, needed by pdal-lib!
> >
> > So please don't feel offended: I'm quite satisfied to have pdal working
> > without much ado :-) (French IGN has switched to this format for LIDAR
> > open data, so I will be able to use them without using Windows).
> >
> > But I hope that some day developers (vtk) will realize that they
> > have to stop bringing in dependencies of such size (gl2ps is small;
> > but its dependencies are huge!).
>
> gl2ps is not too bad - it just pulls in tex-latex-bin and
>
>       # pkg_info -S tex-latex-bin
>       Information for tex-latex-bin-2020:
>
>       Size in bytes including required pkgs: 9181840
>
> that pulls less than 10MB.

Does this really work? If I require for gl2ps:

$ pkg_info -S gl2ps
Information for gl2ps-1.4.2nb2:

Size in bytes including required pkgs: 3173577

But:

$ pkg_info gl2ps
Information for gl2ps-1.4.2nb2:

Requires:
tex-latex-bin-[0-9]*
freeglut>=3.2.2nb1
png>=1.6.0nb1

$ pkg_info -S tex-latex-bin
Information for tex-latex-bin-2020:

Size in bytes including required pkgs: 7626672

How can a package depending on tex-latex-bin be said to need only
3173577 bytes, dependencies included, when one of the dependency is
7626672? ;-)
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/