Re: topological sorting

On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 09:21:25PM +0200, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> OK, thanks for the tip. It seems that pbulk is indeed what I'm looking
> for: trying to build without rendering present working (if not up to
> date) installation.

Make sure you use it in a sandbox. E.g. pkgtools/mksandbox provides a
suitable one.

pkgsrc/doc/HOWTO-pbulk is one of the too many instructions on how to
set this up.

> I found (I didn't know about it) that:
>
> $ pkg_info -r "tex-texlive*"
>
> will give me, recursively, the packages depending on this.
>
> In this case I found that texlive has been pulled in by an indirect
> dependency on gl2ps, needed by vtk, needed by pcl, needed by pdal-lib!
>
> So please don't feel offended: I'm quite satisfied to have pdal working
> without much ado :-) (French IGN has switched to this format for LIDAR
> open data, so I will be able to use them without using Windows).
>
> But I hope that some day developers (vtk) will realize that they
> have to stop bringing in dependencies of such size (gl2ps is small;
> but its dependencies are huge!).

gl2ps is not too bad - it just pulls in tex-latex-bin and

      # pkg_info -S tex-latex-bin
      Information for tex-latex-bin-2020:

      Size in bytes including required pkgs: 9181840

that pulls less than 10MB.
 Thomas