Re: pdal-lib, CMake, c++ and "system" includes and libraries

Le Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 04:54:36PM +0200, Dr. Thomas Orgis a écrit :
> Am Fri, 14 Jul 2023 16:40:10 +0200
> schrieb tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost:
>
> > > That's most likely because libunwind.h is not buildlinked. See
> > > https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/buildlink.html
>
> I have to ponder why I was able to build it back then. I don't have
> libunwind anywhere on the system ? well, maybe time for an update to
> 2.5.0 and testing that.
>

> > But unfortunately, adding ../../lang/libunwind/buildlink3.mk does not
> > solve the problem.

Mea culpa: I had added the buildlink3.mk to pdal-lib/buildlink3.mk that
will do for others but not for the package itself.

Adding it to the Makefile, it is correctly set.

Other problem: the headers for hdf5 are needed, and so hdf5-c++ is
used.

I had hdf5-c++-1.10.9, but that requires only:

hdf5>=1.8.11

But this is wrong. I had hdf5 1.8.14, but the API is different. So
things declared in the headers were not defined in the library.

So I have updated to hdf5-1.10.9 and now it compiles.

(For this one---not your package---I would suggest pkgsrc to require
the very same version for headers and libraries and not a >= that seems
wrong from the start---at least equality for major and minor.)
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/