pdal-lib, CMake, c++ and "system" includes and libraries

Hello,

I'm trying to compile geography/pdal-lib, and the compilation chokes
on work/PDAL-2.2.0-src/pdal/util/private/BacktraceUnwind.cpp

because of:

#include <libunwind.h>

that it only searches in system directories, while it exists under
/usr/pkg/include/. (If, by changing <...> to "..." and copying the
header files in the directory, it passes this, it chokes after not
finding the library for the very same reasons: not searching it in
/usr/pkg/).

There are various "flags.make" and, for what I understand,
CXX_INCLUDES includes -I/usr/pkg/include and CXX_FLAGS also.

Has someone any clue about where the behavior has to be corrected?

BTW: this is point clouds processing librarie, depending on various
things, and it has brought... TeXlive! as a direct or indirect
dependency!
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/