Re: Downloading "manually" source-files

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, May 07, 2023 at 08:39:43AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> Anybody else having trouble?
>
> Exactly what you see (and I worked around it for one bulk build setup with
> using an unbound DNS cache instance that never returns AAAA entries).
>
> The ftp(1) in -current just got an update the other day that works
> around most parts of this issue, but I think there is another (not yet
> fixed) bug making it hang indefinitely sometimes.

Are you saying that

  fastly is buggy

  ftp in current has a workaround that helps avoid the fastly bug
  mostly

  ftp in current needs another workaround

or are you saying that fastly is ok and NetBSD ftp is buggy?

or something else?

I am curious what the way forward is.  It seems if fastly is buggy
someone(tm) should report that.   So far this has seemed just very odd
and I have not gotten very far in debugging.