Re: Downloading "manually" source-files

Mandacarú Cascavel <mancasc%yahoo.com.br@localhost> writes:

> For years I've being compiling my most used packages on
> pkgsrc-current, generally whithout any significant problem. From some
> time ago, however, I have to download "manually" a lot of source files
> from its respective web pages. The building process can't
> automatically find a repository from which get them. If this is part
> of a policy or natural a side effect from a development process I
> apologize in advance.

Having to get files manually is a bug.   We can't help without details,
so perhaps find a package where this is the case and do

  $ make fetch

and send the output.

I have had a problem in the last month or so which may be related.  This
is not an adequate description; I was waiting to debug more before
posting.

I find that distfiles hosted on fastly do not download over IPv6, but
just hang.  I have tried to work around this by configuring a policy
zone in named so I only get the v4 address, and adding an ipv6 reject
route.  Finally, I kill ftp processes after some minutes of
existence.  With all of this, I'm able to get distfiles.

So I wonder if fastly is broken, or if our ftp (netbsd-9) is troubled,
or something else.

Anybody else having trouble?