Re: Downloading "manually" source-files

On Sun, May 07, 2023 at 08:39:43AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I have had a problem in the last month or so which may be related.  This
> is not an adequate description; I was waiting to debug more before
> posting.
>
> I find that distfiles hosted on fastly do not download over IPv6, but
> just hang.  I have tried to work around this by configuring a policy
> zone in named so I only get the v4 address, and adding an ipv6 reject
> route.  Finally, I kill ftp processes after some minutes of
> existence.  With all of this, I'm able to get distfiles.
>
> So I wonder if fastly is broken, or if our ftp (netbsd-9) is troubled,
> or something else.
>
> Anybody else having trouble?

Recently ftp.netbsd.org has started having trouble fetching files,
mostly from pypi's CDN, but also for some ruby files.

The symptoms were that SSL connection to an IPv6 address was attempted
but never finished. Nor timed out, despite a '-q 60' argument to
tnftp.

lukem@ fixed a problem with the timeout code in tnftp that should fix
the symptoms. That version is only in NetBSD-current, though.
 Thomas