Re: print/a2ps from pkgsrc-2023Q1 broken.

On Thu, 13 Apr 2023, Thomas Klausner wrote:

I wrote:

> > Unfortunately, it doesn't work as it seems 'a2ps' and 'a2ps-lpr-wrapper'
> > are talking at cross purposes to each other.

> > So, it appears 'a2ps-lpr-wrapper' is expecting at least one filename,
> > which 'a2ps' fails to provide.  Specifying a printer name does the
> > expected thing, but the 'getopts' loop consumes all positional parameters
> > and we're once-again left with '[' 0 -eq 0 ']' causing an error exit.

So, the quick fix is to comment-out the parameter-count test after the
'getopts' loop.  It's completely bogus since 'a2ps' supplies the data
on STDIN so there is never a filename.

> Thanks for testing, and sorry it's broken again, but can you please
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=a2ps
>
> Upstream is helpful.

I can try, once I manage to accumulate enough enthusiasm to create yet
another user account on yet another bug-reporting web site.  As there's
yet another problem beyond 'a2ps-lpr-wrapper' misbehavior, that may
provide the necessary tuit of the circular persuasion.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD