Re: print/a2ps from pkgsrc-2023Q1 broken.

"John D. Baker" <jdbaker%consolidated.net@localhost> writes:

> So, 'a2ps-lpr-wrapper' is assuming that 'getopt' is the one from the
> "util-linux" package.  According to its manpage, that implementation
> of 'getopt' should accept syntax compatible with NetBSD's 'getopt',
> so perhaps a patch that changes that line to:
>
>   TEMP=$(getopt d: -- "$@")
>
> will be sufficient for all platforms?

It might.  It would be good to report this bug upstream, as they might
be able to address it.  (Even if not, pkgsrc norms are that patches
should have upstream bug references.)

(I'm guessing you are going to prepare a patch and test it, and then get
it into commitable form (patch file commented, PKGREVISION++, commit
message) and send it.)