Re: asterisk-13.x vs. german speech snippets

On Sat, Apr 08, 2023 at 08:21:06PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> ignatios%cs.uni-bonn.de@localhost writes:
>
> > did asterisk change the sound file directory structure after (or...
> > maybe - before) asteris-13.x ?
> >
> > I have asterisk-13.38.3nb4 and asterisk-sounds-de-x9media-20060714 and had
> > to copy
> > 	/usr/pkg/libdata/asterisk/sounds/digits/de/*
> > to	/usr/pkg/libdata/asterisk/sounds/de/digits/
> >
> > to make it work.
>
> I am pretty sure the change happened before asterisk 13.  I dimly
> rememember noticing the path issues, but I am using the builtin en
> sounds.
>
> asterisk 13 was EOL on 2021-10-24, per DESCR, so you should upgrade.
> But I don't think that will change anything about sound file location.

Using 18 now (after finding out that a module from an old installation
was the one SEGVing 16, 18 and 19 from ftp.fr.netbsd.org...)

> STRICTED.  So it looks like it would be good to find out
> within the asterisk.de community where one should be getting de sounds
> today and have a package for that.

I found a pointer to asterisksounds.org.

"The content of this site is available under the Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply."

Unfortunately, the license holder is very pseudonymous;

"The voice prompt files distributed here are Copyright (C) 2014
Asterisk Sounds, and provided under terms of the following License.

For more information, visit: asterisksounds.org"

... where icann.org doesn't provide any identification of the holder.

I've tried the contact form to ask asterisksounds.org about that.

Regards,
	-is