Re: libspatialite fails to build on netbsd-9

On Sun, Feb 19, 2023 at 08:15:50PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> We should probably clean that up, and at this point I would vote for
> just turning it on and not having an option.

I've just removed the option since it seems to be turned on by default
now anyway.

> I see picking versions as kludging around the real issue, which is that
> now, sqlite3 built without rtree is deficient.  So I think we probably
> should
>
>   require > 3.33.0 (> to avoid pre change version)

I've done that for libspatialite.

>   in builtin.mk, reject any sqlite3 unless it is known to be built with
>   rtree, regardless of which package needs it, on the theory that  a mix
>   of base and pkgsrc is bad.

We can grep for 'rtree' in the nm output of libsqlite3.so, but that
seems expensive. I didn't find anything else that would help identify
that.

Also, not many packages seem to need rtree - libspatialite is the only
one I can think of that failed because of that.

>   hope that needing sqlite from pkgsrc and libfoo from base which
>   includes base sqlite3 won't happen too much.

I think we're already mixing those too. Even on my -current box I have
an sqlite3 package installed (for tcl, it seems).

>   fix 9 by turning on rtree

You'll want to request a pullup of version 1.8 of
src/external/public-domain/sqlite/Makefile.inc

>   admit that we don't care about 8 any more

I'll admit it! :)
 Thomas