Trouble with pkgsrc

I just installed NetBSD 9.3 on an Orange Pi PC plus and am trying to use pkgsrc to add some packages.  I am fairly new to all of this, so it is quite likely I am simply
doing something stupid.

I first did this:

PKG_PATH="https://cdn.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/$(uname -p)/$(uname -r | cut -d_ -f1)/All"
echo $PKG_PATH
https://cdn.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/earmv7hf/9.3/All
export PKG_PATH

pkg_add ruby
pkg_add: Can't process https://cdn.NetBSD.org:443/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/earmv7hf/9.3/All/ruby*: Unknown HTTP error
pkg_add: no pkg found for 'ruby', sorry.
pkg_add: 1 package addition failed

I can ping cdn.NetBSD.org from my machine.  I can use a browser to navigate to the URL shown above
(with the "ruby*" trimmed off).

But the URL ending in a wildcard seems clearly broken.  My browser gets a 404 error when it tries using that URL.
I even try a specific package version and get the same result:

armv7# pkg_add -v ruby31-3.1.2
pkg_add: Can't process https://cdn.NetBSD.org:443/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/earmv7hf/9.3/All/ruby31-3*: Unknown HTTP error
pkg_add: no pkg found for 'ruby31-3.1.2', sorry.
pkg_add: 1 package addition failed

Mind you, it is not -me- that is appending that wildcard to the URL.