MariaDB: Galera wsrep provider is missing

Hello,

I was trying to build a MariaDB multi-master replication cluster on NetBSD as I already did on Linux before but I have encountered a problem: Galera software is not available in pkgsrc.

Although MariaDB can be compiled with wsrep (as it also comes in the pre-compiled package) one can not set the wsrep_provider because the library named libgalera_smm.so does not exist. That library belongs to the Galera software, which manages the replication tasks for MariaDB, but this software is not available in pkgsrc neither integrated in MariaDB package.

I have tried to compile it from the sources but the software itself can only be compiled on Linux, MacOS and FreeBSD.

Should I be using other wsrep provider to implement the replication as an alternative to Galera?

Does anybody managed to successfully compile and load libgalera_smm.so so far or have built a MariaDB multi-master replication cluster on NetBSD?

I thought about loading the library with Linux emulation from pkgsrc packages (suse's libs) but maybe I'm not sure it is a good idea for a production cluster.

Thank you,

X Falken
SDF Public Access UNIX System - https://sdf.org