Odd checksum issue on MacOS

During a recent pkg_rolling-replace -vu, it failed while rebuilding devel/libcfg+ with a checksum error:

=> Applying pkgsrc patches for libcfg+-0.7.0
**************************************
Ignoring patch file /System/Volumes/Data/zabrico/pkgsrc/devel/libcfg+/patches/patch-ab: invalid checksum
**************************************
ERROR: Patching failed due to modified or broken patch file(s):
ERROR: 	/System/Volumes/Data/zabrico/pkgsrc/devel/libcfg+/patches/patch-ab
*** Error code 1

Stop.

However - this checksum error doesn't happen on NetBSD. I'm running MacOS "Monterey" (Darwin 21.6.0), Xcode 14.2, and using the pkgsrc-2022Q4 branch.

The MacOS system is using the same tree as the NetBSD one, over NFS (read only). I had set the "rebuild" flag to YES for all packages after upgrading the OS and Xcode.

In the meantime I've unset the "rebuild" flag for this package since the version is the same, so that everything else builds (hopefully).

It would be great if someone could duplicate the issue. But in any case - what would cause digest to get the wrong answer here?

--
Louis