Re: Recipe to address cyclic deps for bulkbuild?

On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 11:55:20AM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> I do this for our builds with this file included into mk.conf:
>
>   https://github.com/TritonDataCenter/pkgbuild/blob/master/include/pkgsrc-gcc.mk

After a recent update of the pkgsrc tree I am finding more packages
hitting the cyclic dependency. So far I have added to the condition (in
/etc/mk.conf to use gcc in place of ccache).

    .if !empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/gmake) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Marchivers/lz4) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Marchivers/zstd) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/pkgconf) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/pkgconf) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/libtool-base) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/m4) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/autoconf) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mconverters/help2man) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/p5-gettext) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mlang/perl5) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/automake) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mdatabases/hiredis) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/cmake) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mwww/curl) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mwww/nghttp2) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mtextproc/libxml2) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mtextproc/xmlcatmgr) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mtextproc/libunistring) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mmisc/rhash) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/libuv) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mlang/python310) \
    || !empty(PKGPATH:Mdevel/libuuid) \

Now the cycle shifts to

    ccache-4.7.4
    gcc8-libs-8.4.0nb8
    gcc8-8.4.0nb7
    gsed-4.9
    ccache-4.7.4

The process is tedious as each time it shows new packages. But more than
that I wonder whether the additions would end at all. Or is there
something I am missing here?

I have tried building the packages involved in the cycle manually. But
bulkbuild doesn't exclude them from the deps.

--
Mayuresh