Re: Recipe to address cyclic deps for bulkbuild?

* On 2022-12-09 at 05:33 GMT, Mayuresh wrote:

On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 11:55:20AM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
I do this for our builds with this file included into mk.conf:

  https://github.com/TritonDataCenter/pkgbuild/blob/master/include/pkgsrc-gcc.mk

After a recent update of the pkgsrc tree I am finding more packages
hitting the cyclic dependency. So far I have added to the condition (in
/etc/mk.conf to use gcc in place of ccache).

[..]

Now the cycle shifts to

   ccache-4.7.4
   gcc8-libs-8.4.0nb8
   gcc8-8.4.0nb7
   gsed-4.9
   ccache-4.7.4

The process is tedious as each time it shows new packages. But more than
that I wonder whether the additions would end at all. Or is there
something I am missing here?

You need a huge amount more than me due to using ccache, and that has changed recently to require more dependencies. Personally without ccache I very rarely (maybe once every few years?) have to modify the list.

For your situation I'd recommend using an external ccache. While you need to use the in-tree pkgsrc gcc, you can use ccache from anywhere.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com