Re: CD-RW and music

On Tue 29 Nov 2022 at 14:51:45 +0000, Todd Gruhn wrote:
>    cdparanoia -B
>
> I get a single  large *.wav
>
> How to I get MANY *.wav ? I want to listen and keep the *.wav music that I like?

The manual page for cdparanoia make clear how to do single tracks.

SYNOPSIS
       cdparanoia [options] span [outfile]
SPAN ARGUMENT
       The span argument specifies which track, tracks or subsections of
       tracks to read.  This argument is required.  NOTE: Unless the span is a
       simple number, it's generally a good idea to quote the span argument to
       protect it from the shell.
and there is more.

I used the package audio/abcde on my whole cd collection, with something
like this in ~/.abcde.conf:

OUTPUTTYPE=flac
CDROM=/dev/rcd0d
CDPARANOIAOPTS="-g ${CDROM}"
LAMEOPTS=-b192
OGGENCOPTS=-q6
FLACOPTS=-6
# If YEAR is not empty, put _-_ after it.
OUTPUTFORMAT='${ARTISTFILE}_-_${YEAR}${YEAR:+_-_}${ALBUMFILE}/${TRACKNUM}-${TRACKFILE}'
VAOUTPUTFORMAT='Various_-_${YEAR}${YEAR:+_-_}${ALBUMFILE}/${TRACKNUM}-${ARTISTFILE}_-_${TRACKFILE}'
#ACTIONS=cddb,read,encode,tag,move,replaygain,clean
# add replaygain to ACTIONS:
ACTIONS=$ACTIONS,replaygain
#DEBUG=1
#EXTRAVERBOSE=2
CDDBCOPYLOCAL="y"

You may also want option
-k     Keep the wav tracks for later use

> Then cat all the *.wav files and save the new  *.wav to CD-RW??

You can't just cat wav files together, since they have headers, and if
those get interpreted as sound, you get at least some nasty click.

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto