Re: Compact Linux distro for primarily pkgsrc based installation

On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 04:00:43PM +1100, Darren Goossens wrote:
> My fav v small Linux is slitaz. It is up to date but uses 3.x kernel.

From first look, it sounds like tinycore Linux. I am looking for something
that can begin small (least installation time stress) but which I can
evolve into a full desktop over time, preferably using pkgsrc.

With tinycore the default is to run from memory and you have to do things
so that the state gets saved or applications get loaded. That becomes a
pain if you are trying to use it as a normal desktop.

Can slitaz be configured to suit this use case?

--
Mayuresh