Re: python3.7 is now all but removed

On Sun, Nov 06, 2022 at 08:09:42PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> So what? Seriously, what's the problem? Python 3.11 doesn't work with
> various important packages either, shall we remove it as well?

The problem is that more and more packages stop working with python
3.7 (while more and more packages will start working with 3.11) and
that we like to disable these packages in pkgsrc correctly for python
3.7. That would be easy, but because pbulk by default fails completely
if these markings are not done recursively and correctly, it's a lot
of effort to do this correctly, needs to be done manually (because we
have no tooling for that) and breaks bulk builds if it's done
incorrectly, which happened too often already (mostly for python 2.7
but python 3.7 falls in the same category here).

Taken together, this is a lot of effort, and we don't want to spend
it any longer.
 Thomas