Re: Building FFox

Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> On a tangent, yesterday evening I tried to build the latest firefox
> and got a cargo error stating that I have multiple NJOBS settings on
> the command line, apparently not acceptable by cargo. I had
> MAKE_JOBS=1 (for some reason - that's another question) in my
> /etc/mk.conf; when I took it away, the build carried over.

That's a known bug that I thought was fixed.

My memory is fuzzy, but basically cargo is buggy in that by default it
figures out how many CPUs and uses all of them, sort of -j`hw.ncpu`.
And there is something that tries to pass -j for MAKE_JOBS=k, k!=1, and
passes 1 is MAKE_JOBS is not set, and there's some corner case.