Re: Building FFox

On 26 October 2022 11:00:16 (+01:00), Benny Siegert wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 3:36 AM Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > I tried to make ./www/firefox91. It croaked.
> >
> > What is everyone building? Just use ,./www/firefox (no 91) ?
>
> Yes, that's the newest one.
>
> I recently built 91, 102 and the latest, they all worked fine.
>
> Depending on how much RAM you have, you may need to run with fewer
> MAKE_JOBS, e.g. MAKE_JOBS=2 for 8G or less. There are occasionally
> issues where a random compile process in Firefox crashes for various
> reasons, just try continuing (re-run make package-install) when that
> happens. It's only a problem if the error is the same on retries :)
On a tangent, yesterday evening I tried to build the latest firefox and got a cargo error stating that I have multiple NJOBS settings on the command line, apparently not acceptable by cargo. I had MAKE_JOBS=1 (for some reason - that's another question) in my /etc/mk.conf; when I took it away, the build carried over.

--
----
Chavdar Ivanov