Re: help with running a Java program on NetBSD

Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>So I've just added > 20 new packages using OpenSUSE 15.5 libraries,
>tested oracle-openjdk17 with SUSE_PREFER=15.5, and this particular
>issue is gone, but something is still wrong.
>
>It starts up and reports in a message box: "Error occured Invalid
>image".  I'll attach the log. My best guess is that it wants to load
>some picture but I've missed adding support for that file format, or
>it has problems with the mime database, but ktrace didn't help me find
>out which of the two it is, or if it's something else.
>
>Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Have you tried running any other graphical Java applications using
the oracle-openjdk17? Something from the original demo apps collection
should work but won't use SWT.

The SWT libraries are not part of the JDK, so must be bundled with
the PDF-Over application, I would check how the application sets up
the classpath to reference them.

Maybe try running a simple SWT application from the Eclipse website:

<https://www.eclipse.org/swt/examples.php>