Re: remove wm/oroborus + it's utilities?

On Fri, Aug 19, 2022 at 11:26:23AM +0200, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> While all of your comments are objectively true and the bar for removing
> software from pkgrsc is set very high, I argue there is a case for
> removal when the maintainer any probably last remaining user for the
> past 15 years decides enough is enough and we haven't even cared to use
> his work for all that time. One person finding code useful at one point
> in the past doesn't mean we have to carry it forever.
>
> There are plenty of minimalistic, clean, high quality window managers
> remaining and pkgsrc will continue to carry them. I wouldn't even start
> this thread if the subject was openbox, sawfish or fvwm.

Fair enough. There is also "oroborox" which I would consider a higher
priority for removal because it has some nasty rotting dependencies.

Our ROX stuff needs cleaing up in general, the main component of
interest is rox-filer and I think we've only got that packaged under
an unusual name.