Re: wip/dlib-cpp, wip/py-dlib created, wip/dlib reconciliation request

Am 24.07.2022 um 15:19 schrieb Mayuresh:
dlib is a C++ based machine learning library. It also has python bindings.

C++ version and its Python wrapper share the dist file. I have created
dlib-cpp and py-dlib separately. I do not know what practice is followed
in pkgsrc in such cases - i.e. can 2 packages share a dist file? I notice
that in FreeBSD ports these are separate packages.

Yes, it's perfectly OK that several packages use the same distfile.

If the packages will always be in sync, it's even possible to make them
share the same distinfo file, but that requires that the patches are
also shared between the packages. For details, see the help for
DISTINFO_FILE.

Roland