Re: Pointing cmake to libraries

On 7/21/22 2:04 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:
I set various cmake variables, as suggested by the interwebs, to no
avail.
First, there are ways to turn off cmake's unhelpful hiding of build
commands, and I think we ought to do this in pkgsrc's cmake support.

That may help, but there is still a way from the cmpile or link command ejected back to the magic cmake knob that caused it.

It may be that you not only have to set something like (from memory)
CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH but to fix the cmake config files.

CMAKE_ARGS+=    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH=${PREFIX}/lib:${PREFIX}/lib/hiawatha

Doesn't make a difference.

Have you built without pkgsrc, to a different prefix?

The external build seems to get it right:

[hf@Gstoder] ~/hiawatha-bin/sbin > ldd hiawatha
hiawatha:
        -lcrypt.1 => /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.1
        -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12
        -lpthread.1 => /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
        -lz.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1
        -lmbedtls.17 => /home/hf/hiawatha-bin/lib/hiawatha/libmbedtls.so.17
        -lmbedx509.4 => /home/hf/hiawatha-bin/lib/hiawatha/libmbedx509.so.4
-lmbedcrypto.11 => /home/hf/hiawatha-bin/lib/hiawatha/libmbedcrypto.so.11
        -lgcc_s.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
        -lxml2.2 => not found
        -lxslt.1 => not found
[hf@Gstoder] ~/hiawatha-bin/sbin >

Have you reported this upstream?

No, this is WIP, and I'd rather be sure I understand the situation before pestering upstream. ;)

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344