pbulk like ability to install from built package in pkgsrc

When I am trying to create a new package or experimenting with a package
in a sandbox I need all the dependencies of the subject package to be
installed in the sandbox.

pkgsrc by default attempts to build the dependencies.

pbulk on the other hand has the ability to install binary packages that
might already be built and found in the packages directory (may be with
some checks that decide whether such package needs to be rebuilt or not).

Does or can pkgsrc have a feature to bring the dependencies up to date the
way pbulk does?

--
Mayuresh