Re: Packages for SimH (simh 3, open-simh)

On Sun, 5 Jun 2022 at 08:27, Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> wrote:

> > On Jun 4, 2022, at 8:07 AM, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
> >
> >  B:
> >  - drop simh, basically treaing simh->open-simh as a name change
> >
> > but B feels like stepping into the dispute more than feels right this
> > minute -- even though I wouldn't spend effort on simh4.  But maybe
> > *none* of us care about simh4, and it's more honest to rm it than to
> > leave it not updated.
>
> This seems like a dispute worth stepping into.  Pizzolato is being a gigantic prick here.

It's an excellent example of "the only thing greater than the (very
large) amount of effort has has put into the project, is the
conviction that his way is the only acceptable way"

I think we should add the new open-simh fork, plus a big warning
message to the existing simh(4) package, and revisit just before the
next quarterly branch (to determine if we drop the old simh(4)
package, or take some other action).

David