Re: sysutils/ovmf build failure

On Wed, 1 Jun 2022 at 14:25, Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen%sdaoden.eu@localhost> wrote:

> Thomas Klausner wrote in
>  <YpdnYVZnZHf1AIJJ%yt.nih.at@localhost>:
>  |On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 01:11:08PM +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
>  |> On Sun, 29 May 2022 at 19:16, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>  |>>
>  |>> I see the same breakage.
>  |>>
>  |>> There's a newer version out, you could try updating to that to check
>  |>> if that fixes the problem.
>  |>
>  |> I tried to build the 202205 version of the package, as well as the
>  |> current GitHub version; while I was able to figure out the inclusion
>  |> of brotli, I couldn't figure out what to do with the next failing
>  |> includes - OpenSSL in this case. It seems it expects an older version
>  |> - including e_os.h, whereas the versions available have e_os2.h.
>  |>
>  |> The consolation is that it failed under Debian BullsEye the same way...
>  |Thanks for the update. This sounds like you should file upstream bug
>  |reports, if you are interested in this software.

I was able eventually to complete the build under Debian after
injecting the apparently missing in the tree kits (openssl-1.1.1o does
contain all the necessary stuff, including the abovementioned e_os.h
file, which gets renamed when built under pkgsrc).

I tested the resulting .fd file - seems to be working fine as a BIOS
for a NetBSD-current guest - qemu-3, nvmm  accelerated.

When I tried to follow the same procedure under NetBSD-current (as I
did under Debian), I got an undefined gmake target, so it needs
further modification.

It does merit posting an issue to the GitHub page - after all, one is
conditioned to expect the build to work out of the box under Linux...
As far as the build under NetBSD, I am not yet clear what is missing.

--
----