Re: bulk build to use mksh or ksh instead of sh (UnixWare 7 Definitive)

* On 2022-02-24 at 13:57 GMT, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:

I am on UnixWare 7 Definitive I set these enviroment variables and export them.

CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh
WRAPPER_SHELL=/bin/ksh

You shouldn't need to set these, bootstrap should have populated your mk.conf with TOOLS_PLATFORM.sh pointing to mksh, and this will be used for the CONFIG_SHELL which should be executing configure scripts.

It's probably most helpful at this point to be very specific about where you are seeing issues. If you can give exact examples of packages that are failing along with a full log of what they're doing that would be helpful.

We've done a lot of work in the past to avoid these problems, mostly because older Solaris also shipped with a completely broken /bin/sh, and so while there may be some areas where we've regressed, things should on the whole just work.