Re: bulk build to use mksh or ksh instead of sh

On Thu, 24 Feb 2022 at 08:53, Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb%zenez.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm finding many build failures because of the first line in the files
> using sh.
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> If it uses either of the 2 below things build.
> #!/bin/ksh
> #!/usr/pkg/bin/mksh
>
> Is there something I may do to have pkgsrc use either of the above in
> bulk builds instead of the #!/bin/sh

I would suggest trying to figure out why the bulk build fails when
/bin/sh is in use and file a pr. There have been some recent /bin/sh
changes in -current, backported to the release versions, something
might have gone unnoticed.

Nothing stops you from moving /bin/sh away and linking it to /bin/ksh
on your own machine, of course; that will open another can of worms
and is certainly not to recommend.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Boyd Gerber <gerberb%zenez.com@localhost> 801 849-0213
> ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047

Chavdar

--
----