Re: emulators/simh: MacOS issues seem fixed

On Tue 19 Oct 2021 at 18:13:23 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> In my work-in-progress (not committed yet) I got the MacOS version to
> actually load the libpcap library now (for some reason simh wants to do
> this with dlopen()) so "show version" shows network support, but "show
> ethernet" crashes. Given that apparently the package didn't work on
> MacOS before, I'll not consider that a regression, but hopefully a
> progression to a state that is easier to fix.

The version I committed doesn't crash, because it uses the native
libpcap. Somehow the pkgsrc version crashed. I didn't research why.
sim> show ethernet
shows nat: and udp: networking, and when run as root, also pcap
interfaces. Apparently there is no tun/tap support.

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto