building node packages.... zwavejs

I'd like to be able to run this on NetBSD and I feel like it's pretty close.

  https://github.com/zwave-js/node-zwave-js

If I run yarn, only 3 modules fail, and it seems that it is because they
are a bit Linuxy but probably easy to adjust.

What I don't understand, being new to node, is how sane it is to package
this and dependencies -- of which there seem to be hundreds -- vs some
other kind of work around.  And, the extent wo which doing any of this
within pkgsrc is sensible, and if not what the best approach is.