Re: x11/libXtst build failure on macOS

Hello,

Le Mon, Aug 02, 2021 at 02:20:54PM +0100, Michael-John Turner a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I'm in the process of testing the new qt6 packages in WIP on macOS but get
> a build failure on macOS with one of the dependencies, x11/libXtst:
>
> ====
> configure: error: Package requirements (x11 >= 1.6 xext >= 1.0.99.4 xi recordproto >= 1.13.99.1 xextproto >= 7.0.99.3 inputproto) were not met:
> Package 'xfixes', required by 'xi', not found
> ====
>
> I am using X11_TYPE=native and have XQuartz installed. I can see that
> x11-links doesn't install a link for libXfixes, with the result that
> there's no link to it from .buildlink when libXtst is built. Not sure if
> this is the reason for the build failure?
>
> Full config.log available here: http://dl.rsx11.net/misc/libXtst-config.log

I have been hitten by this before so, if you have upgraded your macOS
system, remember to always:

$ pkg_delete x11-links

and rebuild from pkgsrc or pkg_add the up-to-date version (or just let
the pkgsrc building note that it is missing and automatically rebuild
it).

I had failures I did not understand (because the files were there but
they were not seen by pkgsrc) because of this very problem: x11-links is
not dynamic: the files or directories it refers to are fixed at
x11-links installation time and there doesn't seem to have a x11-links
versioning. But a lot rely on these links to be up-to-date.

FWIW,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/