Re: Strange CONFLICTS definitions render pkgin full-upgrade impossible

* On 2021-05-21 at 11:41 BST, Aleksej Lebedev wrote:

A agree that it's correct in the sense that it reports the conflict that is declared by the package.
However, wouldn't it be nice if pkgin detected (and reported as a warning) the conflicts that are there clearly by mistake.

No, the CONFLICT is completely wrong. It's not pkgin's job to add special cases and more logic to what is already a complex codebase to begin with.

I think it's simply not user-friendly to produce errors like this and not giving the user to ignore the non-existing problem.

It's very important in situations like this to just fix the root of the problem, not add complexity and workarounds to everything else to make the wrongness more palatable.

It's not a non-existing problem.  It's a bug.  We should just fix it.