Re: To remove or not to remove

On Fri, 05 Feb 2021 19:50:47 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Adam <adam%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:
>
>> databases/postgresql95 - soon is going to reach end-of-life, and we
>> have 5 other versions
>
> While I don't have any desire personally to keep this, it is about to,
> on Feb 11, have a final release.

While here: What is best practice to upgrade PostgreSQL within pkgsrc?

ISTR upstream recommending to run the old and the new server
side-by-side, and transfer the database. This pkgsrc will not allow
because the clients are in conflict (unless you bootstrap a second
installation).

I'd have a davical database lined up as a candidate...

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344